Howdy, Come On In!

My Mom and Dad would welcome our family guests by meeting them at the front door, shaking their hand, and offering them a seat. That is what I want to do, tell you to come on in, stay a spell, relax, and enjoy my hospitality while your here. When you got to go, then "Ya'll come back now"!

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

To Everything, Turn, Turn, Turn 

There is a Season, Turn, Turn, Turn

And a Time to Every Purpose Under the Heaven:


Its becoming fall here in Texas, or Indian Summer, wait I may not be able to use that phrase, is it racist? Anyway, it means some cooler days, mornings where we can open windows, enjoy the fragrance of fresh air, watch the leaves fall and set out new decorations.  

I made my first Pumpkin cake roll last week for my granddaughter's care package.  I have ingredients for another and plan to bake additional care packages for my other two grands in college.  I had this idea to prep care packages with laundry products, stain sticks, first aid stuff, etc. to send them every so often.  

I'm excited to get to baking other things too, its apple season as well so we can't wait to bake apples, apple crisps, and other fun things with apples. Also of course the pumpkins, pecans, and turkey!

I just got a reminder from the Social Security Service of our wonderful government that I will be 65 in a few months and will need to register for medicare. lol I will be able to start drawing from my retirement as well, but I will get more if I wait a year before "retiring". In the meantime, of course, I have to register for medicare. yea!...not.

Its not that I am not aware that I am getting older, when I check the mirror, right?  Just last week, hubby and I had a conversation about my age and medicare.  I do have the benefit of Tricare for my supplimental policy and it has carried me these past 4 years. As my title suggests to everything there is a season and every purpose under heaven.  I guess it is becoming my season.  Look out sibblings, your turn is coming....lol

Thanks for staying with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment